Living London

Those that know, know well, that I have a tendency to leave thingsthai consulate to the last minute. Such as applying for a visa one working day before going to the country, when the website explicitly states two working days are required.

So my first challenge was to get to the Thai Embassy and beg them to process my visa faster… After trekking for 20 minutes from a tube station, with my back-breaking bag, I realised I in fact needed the Thai Consulate. Another lengthy backbreaking walk,  I arrived, and they were happy for a Monday morning collection. Phew.

IMG_2851The other reason for arriving in London early, and in fact, the reason for the timing of this whole trip overseas, was to see the greatest band of all time, Muse. Excitement had been suppressed up until this point due to PGCE interviews, organising (yes I managed some), and panicking. But now everything was together, we had time to relax and unwind. After meeting with Annie and Matt, we made our  way to the courthouse converted hostel… The place was enormous, and the bedrooms were tiny. Similar to accommodation for bees, sleep was a luxury not to be found here. IMG_2888

However, we arrived at the high-spirited O2 arena, full of energy and excitement, and were not disappointed. As ever from Muse, the show was nothing short of spectacular. Light shows, stunning video footage, and incredible sound, meant that being right at the very top was still an incredible experience. 

The final hours in England were kept busy meeting with friends, last minute organisation, and panic at what I was about to do…

It was finally starting to dawn on me where it was that I had planned to travel. A slight fear was starting to sweep across me… I was going to teach at a school in Thailand where no-body speaks English… What if the kids don’t like me? What if I didn’t enjoy the local area or the immersion into a new culture?

The answers to these questions were soon to hit me, like nothing before. 

0 Responses

Post a Comment